For those in the Heartland area, or in Iowa for that matter, here is a quick look at the best resources we offer for schools looking to go 1:1.
- 1to1schools.org is a blog coordinated by Scott McLeod, director of Iowa State's CASTLE institute
- CASTLE is partnering with the AEAs to put a wiki of information on the 1:1 process
- On that wiki, there is a listing of other 1:1 schools in Iowa with contact information
- Also on that wiki is some information about the upcoming spring conference for Iowa 1:1 schools
- The Digital Curriculum (pdf) is a framework for how to teach with ubiquitous access
- From our professional library, Pamela Livingston's 1-to-1 Learning: Laptop Programs that Work (2nd edition) is a must read, detailing not only the necessary steps for schools, but also highlighting some of the pioneers in 1:1 use.
- SAI is in its second year of offering leadership training in transitioning schools to the 21st century. Heartland also offers leadership training in the form of an online course/community on how to lead schools in a 21st century tech-infused school.